U.S. Bank API Hackathon Agenda
Wednesday, December 2 (all times CT)
9:00 - 9:15
Welcome and Agenda Review (Doug Nielson, SVP Innovation R&D
9:15 - 10:45
API Traiining (Laura Heritage, Director of API Strategy, Akana
- Overview of APIs and their role in Financial Services
- API Value Chain
- "REST 101" (Developing a RESTFUL API)
- API Descriptor Language
- RAML Basics
10:45 - 11:00
11:00 - 11:30
API Training (cont.)
- Overview of Akana Developer Portal and API Gateway
- API Developement and Re-packaging Ideas
11:30 - 12:00
Getting Started! Get ready to Hack!
- Review Rules and Judging Criteria
- How you should plan your work
- We are here to help!
12:00 - 1:00
Working Lunch - Things to do!
- During lunch our host will be around for questions!
- Virtul teams - reach out to a pal and start thinking of ideas
- Great time to eat, meet others.
- Start thinking of ideas for the afternoon (can also hae working mtg. with your team to begin ideating)
- Otherwise enjoy the time in room with your colleagues!
1:00 - 5:00
Coding Begins! Hack Away!
2:30 - 2:45
Group check in - How is it going?
4:15 - 4:50
Check in and thoughts on preparing for Day 2
WOO HOO - Wrap and Thank you for your efforts on Day 1!
Thursday, December 3
9:00 - 9:30
Re-group + Questions
9:30 - 12:00
10:30 - 10:45
Check in - Preview of your status
- Anyone ready to share?
- Anyone need help?
12:00 - 1:00
- Share to win! This is a great time to preview your concept with others!
1:00 - 2:00
2:00 - 4:30
4:30 - 5:00
Winners are announced